Desert Painting

Desert Painting

Saturday, September 11, 2010

First week!

So it has been an interesting week. I had a couple of orientation sessions here in the hotel. And we received a tour of the Great Mosque which was wonderful and absolutely beautiful. It is the third largest mosque in the world, and houses the largest carpet and second largest chandelier in the world. We had to wear the Abaya in the mosque, so that was an experience. I actually brought one today to wear to school. It is not required but they are very comfortable and I can wear my PJs under it.

I have found out the I have been placed in the middle of no where, I am not too happy about it. I wanted to be in Al Ain but am teaching at a school in Al Marfa on the coast. I might be living on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi, but nothing in set in stone and I am trying to see if I can be reassigned. We are disappointed but going to see what it is like. We will start teaching on Weds. and move hopefully on Tues. But who knows. They have a saying here Inshallah.....If Allah wills it.....it's in his hands.

We have been shopping for school materials and clothes. The malls here are outrageous. They are three times the size of the Tucson mall. We tried the go to the Souks...which are more of a market, where you haggle. They were OK, not to authentic. So far we have been eating in the hotel and buying food at the supermarket. So we are looking forward to eating at an arabic restaurant. Here are a few photos of us and some new friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment